POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Remote use of POV-Ray : Remote use of POV-Ray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Remote use of POV-Ray
From: Chambers
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:58:52
Message: <486a462c$1@news.povray.org>
I'd like to set up my home computer such that, by using minimal
software* on another system, I can send my home computer an SDL file,
have it render, and retrieve the resulting image.

I'm running Windows XP Pro at home.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to do this?

*Minimal software means nothing that isn't included on almost every
comptuer out there.  I won't be able to install anything on the remote
systems - typically shared systems at the library or work.  Ideally,
nothing more than a web browser and/or FTP client, *possibly* a terminal
shell (I don't know if it'll be available or not).

...Chambers